Week 6 & 7 - Modifying Expectations


Hi Folks,


What was your original internship project timeline?
Actually, I started the contribution to the Git project in late October and I didn't get much time to spend on the project timeline and therefore I was not able to submit the project timeline.


I got my first mail to get started off with the project. My first goal was getting the last patch series of Pranit Bauva as commits in my git repo : [https://github.com/tanushree27/git ] based on an old master branch and I had made sure that all the tests pass. Then based on an old master branch, I rebased it to a current version of master and then made sure that all tests pass again. After that, I had a look at what were the reviews/comments people made about the patch series and then tried to address those comments.



What goals have you met?
I have completed my first goal - Getting the last patch series of pranit bauva:

So, firstly I started off by getting the last patch series of Pranit Bauva as commits in my git repo : [https://github.com/tanushree27/git ] based on an old master branch and I had made sure that all the tests pass. Then based on an old master branch, I rebased it to a current version of master and then made sure that all tests pass again.

Second goal - Resolving the part2 patch series of pranit bauva and pushing it to the git mailing list

I had a look at what were the reviews/comments people made about the patch series and then tried to address those comments.

I have resolved all the pending unresolved patches of  part2 series. I also made sure that all tests pass and now the patches are up for review on Github. After some reviews leading to improvements, the commits were sent to the mailing list.


What have you accomplished in the first half of your internship?
In the first half of my internship I have completed my first two goals and I am resolving left over patches of pranit and that is the process ongoing now in my internship.

What project goals took longer than expected?
The second goal - Resolving the part2 patch series of pranit bauva and pushing it to the git mailing list.
This goal took more than expected.

Why did those project goals take longer than expected?
After submitting the project in gitgitgadget there were many reviews from my mentors both christian and Johannes and solving those reviews took more than expected amount of time.

What would you do differently if you were starting the project over?
I would want to first set timelines so that it would be easier for me to judge my work as expected to be completed in a week or so.

Which original goals needed to be modified?
I don't think any goal needs to be modified, it is the exact what I would have done otherwise.

What is your new plan for the second half of the internship?
I have to work a bit more quick I suppose as the project is too big than expected. So, I need to spend more than 10 hours a day to complete the project successfully on time as expected.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 4 & 5 - A week for the Audience

Week 1 - Getting Started with FOSS and GIT Community

Week 10 & 11